Pride at Schulich ExecEdPosted on June 07, 2023
Schulich ExecEd is a community that believes in equity, diversity, and inclusion, and we are dedicated to fostering an environment that is welcoming and supportive for all individuals, particularly those in the 2SLGBTQIA+ communities. As we celebrate Pride Month this year, we recognize that promoting inclusivity and standing against discrimination and racism is an ongoing effort that requires continued work.
“As Pride month approaches, we are yet again reminded of the great strides the LGBTQ2A+ community has made over the past few decades, but also the many challenges that remain towards acceptance and true equality. We acknowledge that we stand on the shoulders of all those who came and fought before us and it is our hope that during Pride month and Pride at Work, we can all be reminded that we are all in this together, irrespective of our sexuality, sex, gender, religion, creed or otherwise. Canadians pride themselves in maintaining a cultural mosaic; let us continue to carry this acceptance towards others in all aspects of our lives, personal, professional, and otherwise.”
– Rami Mayer, Executive Director, Schulich ExecEd
To ensure that every member of our community feels a sense of belonging, we encourage everyone to take practical steps to address 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusion in the workplace. In partnership with Pride at Work Canada, Great Place To Work has identified several strategies for creating a more inclusive workplace, including:
- Providing 2SLGBTQIA+ awareness training for all employees to promote understanding and respect for 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals.
- Creating a safe space where 2SLGBTQIA+ employees can share their experiences and concerns with their colleagues.
- Using inclusive language in all communications, including job descriptions, forms, and policies.
- Offering employee resource groups for 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals and allies to connect and support each other.
- Partnering with 2SLGBTQIA+ organizations to promote workplace equality and inclusion.
At Schulich ExedEd, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all participants, clients, and employees. We want everyone to feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and class. As we celebrate Pride Month, we reflect on the progress made in achieving equal rights and opportunities for members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and the work that still needs to be done.
We encourage everyone to visit York University’s Pride Month website and participate in the many events and celebrations happening throughout the month to learn more about the significant contributions of 2SLGBTQIA+ community members across the University.
We wish you all a happy Pride Month and invite you to join us in creating an inclusive and supportive community for everyone.