Leadership Lessons from the BoardroomPosted on May 11, 2020
A virtual fireside chat with Schulich ExecEd Executive Director Alan Middleton and Lisa K. Conway, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, InnVest Hotels
Lisa will discuss boardroom leadership and her role as EVP & General Counsel of InnVest Hotels, the largest owner of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio includes Hilton, Fairmont, Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Hyatt, Marriott, St. Regis and Homewood Suites hotels across the country. Conway is the former CEO of Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and has also held executive roles at HSBC, Toronto Stock Exchange, Citibank and BlackRock.
We live in a new world. Each day we are faced with uncertainty and disruption. With these new business challenges come new opportunities for your organization to transform and succeed.
What lessons can we learn from this new reality? How can we be resilient and improve as an individual, team and organization during a crisis?
These and other important questions will be explored during a series of virtual fireside chats: Leadership Lessons in Troubled Times. These free, 30-minute online events will feature thought leaders and influencers from top organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
The speakers will share their insights on leadership lessons learned and how they might apply to your business or organization:
- What are the most important leadership traits for a company or organization during disruption?
- How do you build up resilience in different functions across your team and organization?
- What strategies are needed to communicate new ideas and shift mindsets (social distancing, telework, managing remote teams, innovation)?
- How do you overcome resistance to change on an individual, team and organizational level?
- How do we improve collaboration and stakeholder management during a crisis?
Get information on the complete Leadership Lessons in Troubled Times, Fireside Chat Series, here.