David S. Weiss
Healthcare, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Strategic Leadership
David S. Weiss, ICD.D is President & CEO of Weiss International Ltd., a Toronto-based firm specializing in innovation, leadership, and HR consulting for Fortune 500, social enterprise, and public-sector organizations. David and his team of organizational consultants generate business, organizational and people solutions for executives and Boards. Some projects include:
- Facilitating strategic planning, restructuring, & change management
- Designing executive team governance and alignment agreements
- Facilitating innovative thinking to gain insight into complex issues
- Designing and delivering innovation, change & leadership workshops
- Executive coaching and executive developmental assessments
David has consulted on more than 1000 business and organizational projects on five continents including in Canada, USA, England, Holland, France, Hungary, Italy, Israel, Russia, China, Malaysia, Uganda, South Africa, and Chile. He also delivered over 220 conference presentations, presented at over 150 University Executive Development Programs, and wrote over 60 journal articles. He is the author or co-author of seven books that have been translated into four languages including Innovative Intelligence (Publisher: Wiley, also available in Chinese) which was reported by CBC News as a “top 5 business book” in the year it was published and Leadership-Driven HR which was listed by the Globe & Mail Report on Business as a bestseller in the year it was published.
In addition to his consulting work, David is affiliate faculty at executive development programs at Schulich, and St. Mary’s University. He is also a Certified HR Executive (CHRE) and on the CHRE Review Committee for the HRPA, an Institute Certified Board Director (ICD.D) with the Institute of Corporate Directors, and a lifetime Fellow Certified Training and Development Professional (FCTDP). He also is a Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation, a Life and Wellness Coach with Canada Coach Academy, and he is certified in the Hogan personality assessments and the emotional intelligence EQi assessments.
David’s doctorate is from the University of Toronto and he has three master’s degrees, in Education, Psychology and Philosophy. Previously, Dr. Weiss was an Affiliate Professor of the Rotman School of Management, a Senior Research Fellow at Queen’s University, a Director on the Board of the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation, the Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer of a multi-national consulting firm, and President of the Section of Industrial and Organizational Psychology of the Ontario Psychological Association and a Director on the OPA Board.
Dr. David Weiss has received numerous international honours, among them:
- The “Distinguished Lecturer” certificate from the Government of Canada and Government of Ontario
- Most Innovative HR Consultancy CEO (Canada) by the Global CEO Excellence Awards 2020-2021
- The “HR Leadership Award” by the Asia-Pacific HR Congress
- The first lifetime “Fellow” of the Institute for Performance and Learning (formally CSTD)
- The fourth lifetime “Fellow” of the Human Resources Professionals Association (FHRPA)
- “Lifetime Member” of the “Global Directory of Who’s Who” and the “Presidential Who’s Who”